The Evolution Deceit
If we tell someone; "Somewhere, there is a person who is harboring a grave enmity towards you. There is nothing that he wouldn't do to give you the biggest harm one can ever give. He is a master in every form of trickery, lie, games and deceitfulness. And he would not leave you alone until he can harm you the way he wants," how would one react? Would it be possible for him to only say "Okay" and go on with his life without taking any precautions against that enemy and not be interested at all?
Of course the answer to that question is a "No". Every person, the minute he becomes aware of such an enemy, would pay a great attention to this matter. He would not take his mind off this matter before taking the precautions that would prevent the possible damage that might come from his enemy and before neutralizing him.
However, man has a much more dangerous and ravenous enemy than any other man harboring a grave enmity against him. This enemy is the "satan". And the satan is man's biggest and most determined enemy ever existed on Earth. He is an entity that is far more dangerous than an army of enemies consisting of humans, that it is not even possible to compare the two. In that case, whilst a person takes precautions against any enemy, it would be a grave mistake to remain indifferent and uninterested in the face of the enmity of the satan.
That is because there is an "end" that satan aims for a man. This end is his entering to the "endless Hell". It is not possible for the satan to leave man alone until he gets this result. This is a definitive law of Allah, He revealed in the Qur'an:
Mankind! eat what is good and lawful on the earth. And do not follow in the footsteps of satan. He truly is an outright enemy to you. (Surat Al-Baqara:168)
Satan is your enemy so treat him as an enemy.He summons his party so they will be among the people of the Searing Blaze. (Surah Fatir: 6)
I will lead them astray and fill them with false hopes. I will command them and they will cut off cattle’s ears. I will command them and they will change Allah’s creation.’ Anyone who takes satan as his protector in place of Allah has clearly lost everything. (Surat An-Nisa: 119)
In the Qur'an Allah tells man to "treat satan as an enemy" , in the face the satan being an enemy to mankind. In that case man should obey this command of Allah –for the approval of Allah- and make neutralizing the satan, a prioritized aim for him.
Satan is a big enemy for man. However Allah made it very easy for man to be saved from the evils of the satan. In the Qur'an Allah revealed many secrets to show man the way for that. Some of those secrets are as follows:
Only the fact that man –by the leave of Allah- knows these secrets Allah revealed in the Qur'an is enough for him to neutralize his biggest enemy, the satan, promptly and conclusively.
- If man lives without forgetting that there is no power other than Allah; that neither the satan, nor man has any power and do not ascribe any partners to Allah, no matter from which aspect satan approaches him, he will take no result and will not be able to give any harm to man.
- If man –under any circumstances whatsoever- is determined to put his trust in Allah; and do not forget that Allah creates everything on a destiny with goodness and wisdom and that man can only act as Allah preordained in destiny, satan will never be effective on him.
- Upon the evil impulse of the satan, if a man seeks refuge in Allah and thinks with the verses of the Qur'an –by the leave of Allah- that evil impulse will be removed and satan will never be effective on that person.
- If man does not forget that satan has no power –that he only performs according to the command of Allah- and that he is a very helpless creature and does not see the satan as an independent power and take up a position in the side of Allah , satan will lose all power against that person.
- If man evaluates the tricky schemes of the satan, the truths he turns about, the lies he tells, the tricks he plays, the evil impulses he gives with the verses of the Qur'an, he will instantly see that all those are very corrupt and weak traps and the satan again will not be able to influence him in any way.
When man acts with a faithful consciousness against the satan, by the leave of Allah, the efforts of satan will remain inconclusive until the end of his life.
The point of view of man against the satan should never involve any logic other than these facts. A Muslim should never see satan as powerful and should never assume that it is difficult to neutralize it. A Muslim should never forget that "Allah created satan only as a deviator for the unbelievers; that he has no authority over the devout Muslims who love Allah and who live by the morality Allah likes".
He has no authority over those who have faith and put their trust in their Lord. (Surat An-Nahl: 99)