Asu TV, August 30-2010
• There can be no life, science or art without religion. Why did the Soviet Union fall apart? Because it had no religion and no soul. Does any art come out of China? No. No artists either. Because it has no soul. Art and science appear in truly devout people.
• There is a policy of depicting religion as dark, frozen, soulless and loveless. But that is satanic. Religion means joy and beauty, fervor, love, affection, compassion, reason and deep thinking. It is everything that is good. I could go on till morning. They want to cunningly gnaw away at religion from the inside. They are trying to portray it as something dark, ruthless, hostile to beauty, frozen and flat. They are propagandizing that like a magic spell. I will not allow that.
• Pork harbors a worm known as trichina. This sets up capsules in the brain and liver and leads to death. The pig is this worm’s only host. Pork also contains high cholesterol, and the fat molecule chain in it is very large and very damaging to human health. The pig is really disgusting. Even if its flesh were lawful I would not eat it. As I would not eat monkey of that were lawful, as it is also disgusting. Large numbers of American troops died of coronary infarct during the Korean War, while Turkish troops did not. Investigations showed the Americans consumed large quantities of pork. Even American technology cannot prevent pork producing high levels of cholesterol.
• If someone stands up and says, “I am the Mahdi” one should feel sorry for him, and anger and hatred would be quite inappropriate. I feel no anger, only pity and affection. That is how people should look at it. A pitiful person with a handful of followers. Do they think such people are going to seize power in Turkey? There is no reason to panic. We should feel pity and affection. Why be angry? People feel sorry for drunks, so why not for someone who is spiritually drunk?
• There are no nail marks on the Prophet Jesus’ (as) hands and feet. Everyone will see that in person, insha’Allah.
• Hazrat Mahdi (as) will permit no tension, nor anything that will make people uneasy. There is always something wrong in tension.
• The Turkish nation is generally pretty rational. That is how it was in Ottoman times, too. It never does anything crazy, The Qur’an always contains maturity and reason. It is always moderate and well balanced, and protects and shows affection to the irreligious. There is a conception of Muslims as being crazy, wild and irrational, but that is not Qur’anic. Because religion means rationality. It means the deepest and soundest rationality. Faith is something that requires depth.
• People must realize that religion means freedom, love, beauty, peace and brotherhood. It is like the desire of a thirsty man to water. No nation can live without religion. It will suffer mental problems. They will suffer physical and mental health problems. They will be weakened and cease to exist as a nation and fall out with one another.
• Allah has revealed how we must use ourselves and the world, and if we do not abide by the deen, we will tear the world apart, may Allah forbid. The world survives through the protection of religion.
• We must describe the true movement of the Messiah as opposed to the false, true Christianity and the true movement of Hazrat Mahdi (as). That is what I have done. America’s foreign policy emerged from an aggressive conception of the movement of Messiah (as). We have spoken with Bush and Obama’s top advisors, and with other advisors. We have corresponded and spoken to them, and there have been major changes in their perspectives. Otherwise, they were thinking of invading Turkey, Syria and Iran. But I proved, from the New Testament, the Torah and the Qur’an, and from the hadiths, that Hazrat Mahdi (as) and the Messiah (as) will never shed blood.
• Allah directs the word, using His servants as instruments. All power belongs to Allah. He uses His servants and objects as instruments. Nobody has any power.
• One weeps from love of Allah. One sees one’s child and weeps for joy from seeing the manifestation of Allah in him. One sees his lawful spouse, and weeps for joy from seeing the manifestation of Allah in her. But there can be no weeping out of sorrow in Islam. Muslims are always joyful. But you can weep from fear of Allah. Fear of Allah is also a pleasure, and there is profound understanding in that. But they misunderstand fear of Allah. One does not want to upset or damage the thing one loves, and there is always a fervor there.
HARUN YAHYA TV, August 30- 2010
28/36- But when Musa brought them Our Clear Signs they said, ‘This is nothing but trumped-up magic. We never heard anything like this among our earlier forefathers.’
Hazrat Mahdi (as) will tell the truth. He will say these things are in the Qur’an and the Sunna, but they will persist in that perverted and insane logic, saying they never heard such things from their forefathers.
10/78- They said, ‘Have you come to us to turn us from what we found our fathers doing, and to gain greatness in the land? We do not believe you.’
In a figurative sense, this means have you two, meaning the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) and Hazrat Mahdi (as) in the End Times, come to turn us away from the religion of our forefathers, in other words, from the polytheistic belief of the Christians and the idea that some Muslims are also engaged in polytheism? They ask if they have come out of stubbornness or to achieve greatness. This is one of the weapons employed by hypocrites. They make political accusations or accuse people of stubbornness and pride.
• This is the objection that will be made to Hazrat Mahdi (as) and the Prophet Jesus (pbuh): that they are diverting them from the faith of their forefathers. Some Catholics, Protestants and Evangelicals will say, “What are you doing? You are changing what we have learned from our forefathers.” There is a statement by a cardinal who said, “Even if Jesus were to come we still would not abandon this system.” That is the mentality described in the Qur’an.
11/62- They said, ‘Salih, we had great hopes in you before this happened. Do you forbid us to worship what our fathers worshipped? We have grave doubts about what you are calling us to.’
Surely Allah is beyond this, but they worship the prophet Jesus (as) as Allah. Allah reveals that they will harbor a very worrying doubt about the Qur’an.
2/170- When they are told, ‘Follow what Allah has sent down to you,’ They say, ‘We are following what we found our fathers doing.’ What, even though their fathers did not understand a thing and were not guided!
If they are told to abide by the Qur’an, they say, “we abide by tradition, by whatever has come down from our forefathers.”
But Allah asks whether they will still abide by their forefathers if they were perverted.
• One must describe how the truths of the Qur’an are mutually entwined, using scientific facts, and tell people how there can be no science without the Qur’an.
7/28- Whenever they commit an indecent act, they say, ‘We found our fathers doing it and Allah commanded us to do it too.’ Say: ‘Allah does not command indecency. Do you say things about Allah you do not know?’
• When hypocrites behave in a manner incompatible with the Sunna and the Qur’an they say, “Allah commanded us something that is not in the Qur’an.” But Allah will never command anything that is not in the Qur’an.
• Our brothers who are unable to watch us live can watch later on the www.harunyahya.tv web site.
• (Pictures of suffering and oppressed children in various Muslim countries:) Let them see what an absence of Islamic Union is costing the Islamic world. There will be Islamic Union, and Turkish-Islamic Union. They will all live pleasant lives. It is impossible for this misery and wretchedness to continue.
• Nobody asks Cübbeli Ahmet why he never talks about Islamic Union or encourages Muslims in that direction. They never say there are verses and hadiths about it.
• We cannot know the hypocrite, but we know the signs. We will be suspicious if there are intense signs of hypocrisy. There is no rule to say that if the hypocrite is in someone’s family he will disappear from there. It all depends on the hypocrite’s actions. If he stops people praying and performing their religious observances, and if he is aggressive, then he should leave. But sometimes the hypocrite goes through a quiescent phase and is not aggressive, in which case one can stay in his house. One can pray in secret and avoid arguments.
57/27- ... They invented monasticism – We did not prescribe it for them – purely out of desire to gain the pleasure of Allah,but even so they did not observe it as it should have been observed.To those of them who had iman We gave their reward but many of them are deviators.
• Allah has not asked for these new beliefs they have added to the deen. Allah says He made no such request.
5/87- You who have faith! DO NOT MAKE UNLAWFUL THE GOOD THINGS ALLAH HAS MADE LAWFUL FOR YOU AND DO NOT OVERSTEP THE LIMITS. Allah does not love people who overstep the limits.
• The opposite is a sign of the hypocrite. If someone produces non-existent things, non-existent lawful and unlawful things, then that is a sign of the hypocrite.
16/116- Do not say about what your lying tongues describe: ‘THIS IS LAWFUL AND THIS IS UNLAWFUL,’ inventing lies against Allah. Those who invent lies against Allah are not successful.
“…your tongues are described as lying”; hypocrites constantly lie:
Do not say that this or that is unlawful; not invent laws. How do you say this is lawful or unlawful?
There is no doubt that those who invent lies against Allah cannot attain salvation: Allah says they will not be successful.
3/78- Among them is a group who distort the Book with their tongues so that you think it is from the Book when it is not from the Book. They say, ‘It is from Allah,’ but it is not from Allah. They tell a lie against Allah and they know it.
• In other words, they use sophistry to totally alter the subjects they read about, and people who hear them may form the impression that the Prophet (saas) did issue such a command and that it appears in the Qur’an. BUT WHEN ONE LOOKS, IT IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND IN ANY BOOK OF HADITHS OR CATECHISM.
They said, ‘There are tyrants in it, Musa. WE WILL NOT ENTER IT UNTIL THEY LEAVE. If they leave it, then we will go in.’ (Surat al-Ma’ida, 22)
• When the hypocrites in the time of the Prophet Musa (as) encountered difficulties they said, “We will not go there.” So where did they go? To their family homes. Because there was risk facing them, they would be tired and have tyo give up their time and reach the deen of Allah. So what do they do? They make up false excuses or make use of whatever the Holy Book is at that time.
• For example, hypocrites in the time of the Prophet Jesus (as); they say, “Does Allah not say in the Gospels that someone would betray the Prophet Jesus (as)? Well, I am making that come true.” Allah nailed him up by his hands and feet. The soldiers beat that hypocrite and brought him up. Allah caused him to resemble the Prophet Jesus (as), and even his disciples thought it was him. That is why they think the Prophet Jesus (as) died. “My God, My God, Why have You abandoned me?” he says. He shouted, “I am not Jesus” as the soldier sled him up. His disciples also thought he was the Prophet Jesus (as), and that explains people’s ignorance on the subject. Would any prophet of Allah say, “why have You abandoned me?” Or cry, “I am not Jesus?” Prophets are never reluctant to be martyred. In the trunk of a tree, the Prophet Zechariah (as) was martyred saying, “O Lord, You are the Eternal One.” The Prophet Yahya (as) was the Prophet Jesus’ (as) beloved helper. His martyrdom was part of the testing of the Prophet Jesus (as). Allah described His prophets who were martyred as “martyrs.” He says, “they martyred the prophets.” But when He speaks of the Prophet Jesus (as), Allah says in the Qur’an, “You did not kill him.” “ma kateluhu.” Allah says that He thwarted the plot. How can the plot have been thwarted if he then died? Allah says He raised him into His presence. The prophet Jesus (as) is the only one such a statement is made about. This is emphasized in the Six Books (the greatest collection of hadiths). The return to Earth of the Prophet Jesus (as) and his ascent into the sky is a most important matter. The language in the Qur’an on this is explicit. The Qur’an issues a clear judgment. “Do not say that Allah is three” it says. The Qur’an supports the idea of the Prophet Jesus (as) being raised into the sky.
• We must not delay Islamic Union by even a day, let alone a thousand years. That would mean children suffering even more.
• They are people who give thanks a lot and see the Sun and do what they do in a proper manner (because they are striving to pray at the very due time). WHEN ONE OF THEM WANTS TO DO SOMETHING HE WILL SAY, ‘INSHA’ALLAH, I WILL DO THIS.’ When one of them climbs to a hill he will recite the taqbir to Almighty Allah, and when he descends to the valley he will give thanks to Allah. The soil is cleansing for them. The earth is a mosque for them wherever they are.... (Abu Nuaym, Delailün Nübüvve, Suyuti, El Havi, 2/282)
This means that the followers of Hazrat Mahdi (as) will say the words “Masha’Allah” and “Insha’Alah” very frequently.